Putting Strategy Into Action
Fish Forever’s program elements embody 10 critical areas of work required to attain community-based management for sustainable coastal fisheries. Provided below are resources to support program implementation of these work areas. High level guidance documents outline standard protocols and guidelines that can be used across countries.
The program implementation roadmap serves as a blueprint for global program implementation and the country-level resources provide specific training materials used across Fish Forever countries.
Global Program Implementation Resources
Global Guidance Documents
High level guidance to align in-country implementation
Guidelines to implement FF elements at specific points along the FF roadmap
Tools & Data
View data using our suite of tools to help make decisions to ensure protection of ecosystems
Program Implementation Roadmap
Our roadmap is a high-level blueprint for program implementation. Phases are organized sequentially to reflect major program milestones.
Behavior adoption is integrated throughout program implementation by…
- Community engagement through Fish cards & Fish game
- Community signage
- Community discussions/workshops on status of fisheries, the science of protected areas and managed access
- Community productions/radio programs
- Religious sermons
- Learning exchanges to see how other communities are implementing Fish Forever
Coordinating a Shift in Behavior
- Campaign launches with public pledges by leaders and fishers
- Public indicators of support
- Sign up of fishers and traders on OurFish system
- Set-up of savings clubs
- Proper enforcement of rules and penalizing of violators
- Gear swaps
- Buoy markers
- Simplifying decisions
Click on a flag to see the resources adapted and created to implement the Fish Forever program in each country.